Rosette Ministry

Rosette Ministry
Christy Krezman

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I Believe!



She wholehearted BELIEVED that she could and so she did.
 
 
Have you ever stopped to think what it means to believe wholeheartedly?  Of course, it may be simplistic enough literally as with our whole heart...but believing with our whole heart requires having or showing no doubt or uncertainty about doing something, completely and sincerely devoted, determined, or enthusiastic: marked by complete earnest commitment: free from all reserve or hesitation.  Whew!  Hmmm, not sure when the last time I wholeheartedly "anything!"
 
When it's put that way, it requires a bit more than  just the single action that I've been applying. 
 
What is believing that we're wholeheartedly striving to do...especially in times when it's very hard and challenging for us to do so?  Well, let's just see what Merriam-Webster Dictionary says that it is...
 
 
believe
to accept or regard (something) as true: 
to accept the truth of what is said by (someone): 
to have a firm religious faith:
to accept something as true, genuine, or real: 
to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something: 
to consider to be true or honest
 
 

This definition sounds easy enough.  Especially when applying it to others.  It's a little bit of a different story when I need to apply the belief to myself.  Whenever I feel challenged or inspired to do something wonderful or amazing...inspiring perhaps there may be times that I experience moments of being frozen.  Stuck.  Held in place with thoughts that I've entertained at a mind-party that I've hosted which included famous guests like Fear and Doubt...Hesitation, Insecurity...Negativity and Jealousy, Envy and their + ones that they always seem to bring along!!   All of these guests are peace robbers that I openly WELCOMED into my mind. 
 
I've entertained.  I've listened to.  Became overwhelmed by.  As I continue to entertain these annoying guests I begin to complicate things that in reality are simple.  I find myself setting unrealistic expectations that will most likely not be met because "really?" who's thinking clearly here?!  Not I! I begin to get irritable, short tempered, perhaps a tiny bit...OK, sometimes a lot bit angry and holding on to it as my co-host.  I'm finding that I'm discontent, becoming more unhappy with where I'm at or with what I'm doing! I realize that I am at the wrong party, but I'm the one eagerly hosting it! 
 
When I choose to avoid whatever it is God has for me to do, something within me weakens.  I'm shrinking...almost hiding from what it is that He so graciously wants to grow and bless me in.  It's a statement of refusal to move toward God by staying right where I am.  Problems are inevitable, they happen, we can't control that even when we create them ourselves.  However, living overwhelmed is absolutely optional, my friends! 
 
When I finally choose to face the uncertain, confront my fears, push aside doubt, squash negativity, something in me grows up a bit.  I not only feel strengthened...I am strengthened!  I lean forward in Christ and toward a closer walk with God.  Boldly taking each step with Him as He leads the way!  Let me tell you, when I find myself hosting these type of parties it used to take me some time to believe wholeheartedly that the Lord had something beautiful and wonderful for me...but thankfully it does not take me nearly as long as it did before. Don't get me wrong...it is most definitely still a battle with me because those old guests just keep wanting to come back (I guess because I threw some pretty awesome mind-parties!)...but let me share with you a verse that kicks them to the curb lightening fast!
 
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.  For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne."  Matthew 11:28-30 AMP
 
Awwwww....breathe...Him in...breathe...all else out!!!
 
Refreshing.  Rest.  Relief.  Refreshment.  This is a promise that God gives.  He is true.  This is what I can wholeheartedly believe in and stake my claim!  Stay the course--stay with Christ...continue the walk with Him believing what He says is truth and unshakable.
 


She knew that she was formed by God's hands, dreamed up in His heart & placed in this world for a purpose.
 
 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
 
 
 
You were made by God & for God.  It is only in God that we discover our value, our meaning, our purpose, our identity, our significance, and our destiny. God loved you before you were even you, before you were even an idea to your parents! God is not only the starting point of life, He is the source of our life.  Isaiah 44:2a CEV reminds us, "I am your Creator.  You were in my care even before you were born." 
 
 When we belong to God, following after Him...we reflect His character: kindness, love, compassion, care, strength and confidence.  Our Creator makes all things new--and He's continually shaping us through each challenge, each journey, each trial, each season we find ourselves in.  We can do this despite what it may look like with our physical eyes.  We serve a God who is bigger than any challenge we face, bigger than any journey we travel, bigger than any trial we stand and bigger than any season we wait in.  We serve a big...biG...bIG...BIG God!! A God who "...is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:20
 
 
We have the choice to believe.  Wholeheartedly. 
 
I am making a choice daily.  To fall forward in Christ.  To walk with Him.  To believe. 

 
To believe wholeheartedly. 
 
Take care & Be blessed.
 
Christy Krezman
Rosette Ministry
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment