Rosette Ministry

Rosette Ministry
Christy Krezman

Monday, October 17, 2016

For Reals Monday


-For Reals Monday

  I awoke to such a glorious, most beautiful day that our God created just for us!  How amazing is this day going to be?!

I hop right out of bed, gracefully glide across the bedroom floor into my perfectly clean bathroom and gaze into the sparkling mirror as it greets me with a gracious good morning.   I dress in my pre-selected crisp clean outfit that is hanging so wonderfully on a hook just waiting to look even more amazing with me being in them! I style my gray free hair most amazingly and apply minimal make-up, well, because my skin is practically flawless.  I hear the sounds of birds chirping and singing as I stroll through my dust-free and clean home toward the smell of my awaiting coffee in the kitchen that has absolutely not one dirty dish in the sink!  What a glorious day to tackle and check of all the things I have listed on my to do list for this amazing, most marvelous Monday!

HA!

Who am I kidding!  This is so NOT me!

I pray that you have not stopped reading or not thought, "Who in the world does this bozo lady think she is?" Or maybe it's alright if you think that, because, seriously, as I was typing this I was thinking that exact thought!  "Who does this? Who has it all together like this?"

Well, I know that I don't.  So,

Let me be for reals...




I. Am. Struggling.

Struggling to get into the flow of this marvelous Monday morning.

My keeping it real is the struggle I have with my mind.  What I try to control.  What I think things-for instance, my Monday-are supposed to look like.  Let me elaborate and be more real with you, if I may...

First of all, I wasn't supposed to sleep as long as I did and wake up putting myself behind schedule on my mindful agenda.  That right there just throws everything off track.  Major, major adjusting having to be made!!

Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth...
I'm sure you all can identify will me with numbered lists plus I will spare you from my quite lengthy, all exciting Monday to do list (just a little peek...Costco is on the list...just saying...that's always a big deal in this family, well, for me!) Anyway, things weren't (aren't) happening as I listed as they should or even close to what was listed in the first paragraph of the amazing super wonder woman!

It is now noon.  I have yet to make my bed (which I haven't done in two days!) I am still in my pj's, which technically are not officially pajamas because I sleep in leggings, tank top and an oversized sweatshirt, so technically I am dressed.  I have not brought a brush to my hair.  I have left it wonderfully kept as I awoke.  No need to mess with the messy bun look.  It takes a lot of work to get that look, right? I can actually put on some athletic shoes and look as if I put some effort into my look! Maybe, maybe not!! Here's to hoping.






I'm realizing as I'm sipping on my sweet tea (already gulped down my morning coffee...I don't miss that for sure!) that my teeth are feeling kinda gross.  Yep.  I didn't brush.  Now that is gross so I'm going to pause and go brush them now!  Be back....



Okay, I'm back!  Much better! 

Let me be real with you.  Nothing about today or God has changed.  God did make this glorious, amazing day.  A day to rejoice in.  A day to celebrate being in it despite how things are panning out.  I make lists.  A lot of times mental lists and things just don't go accordingly.  But according to who?  Perhaps we are missing something.  I decided to go back and review my list.  I kept going over and over it.  Feeling flustered and frustrated seeing all the things that needed to get done that wasn't getting done. Number 1, 2, 3, 4.....and on and on and on.  But then as I sat just kind of numb in my overwhelmingness I heard God ask me, "Where am I on that list?"  Confused, I frowned down on my list again.  That question echoing in my head and in my heart.  "Where am I on that list?"  My frown turned to that of question as I said out loud, "But Lord, that's a given.  You are always Number 1.  You are God.  I love you!"  Quietly I hear, "But am I truly Number 1?  You have listed so many things on your list and have put so much time and effort into them.  After waking at a time that I extended your rest you immediately went straight to that list, not Me. Where was I? I was there, Christy,  I am here.  You scurry, fret, worry, become frustrated and all the while I wait here...for you...to come...to Me...FIRST."

Wow!  Oh, Lord, thank You! 

Thank You for showing me that these things will keep.  They will be there to do no matter what schedule I keep.  I allowed these lists that I have made up, agendas, to-do's to squeeze out my time with my God.  As you couldn't tell, I'm a hot mess and even more so without God.  There are times that we may see things as disruptive, behind schedule, a hiccup in the road but those times are when God is trying to grab our attention.  He wants to help us and equip us to live a life that is glorifying to Him as well as joyful, peaceful, enduring, hopeful, loving for us despite _____________(you fill in the blank with whatever squeezes God time out.) 

We all live in a busy, fast paced world that keeps us on the go.  There are times it is alright to have a For Reals Monday like I am having today and learning to enjoy and love every bit of it. Dishes are always going to need to be washed as well as laundry.  Beds are ok to be unmade for a day or two or three or more.  A little bit of toothpaste on the bathroom mirror hasn't really hurt anyone whoever looked into  it. Dusting sometimes needs to wait because let's face it, who has time to move all the stuff for a good dusting, so a quick Swiffer duster sweep over will do the job. 

Now don't get me wrong, I like a good clean home, but I'm just saying when God tugs at your heart to be still and sit a bit with Him and there's chores or items on your to do list, then those things CAN wait.  Time with our King is precious.  He wants to spend time with His Beloved child.  To love.  To embrace.  To comfort.  To heal.  To restore.  To strengthen.  To communicate with.  Take that time.  Breathe Him in.  You won't be disappointed and then everything else will eventually get taken care of.  People won't remember little details about your home if you had or hadn't had dishes in your sink, folded or unfolded laundry on your couch, scattered items in places other than their intended home.  What they will remember is if you are a person of stress, frustration, irritation, crankiness and all that goes with trying to keep agendas, perfect schedules, and to do lists like no other!  Or they will remember a person full of grace, warmth, peace, hope, patience, faithfulness, and humility despite the happenings around and the things to do.  When we set our minds to serve our God, we live to please only Him and in turn are filled with unspeakable Joy. "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men." Colossians 3:23  That includes me.  I need to not focus so much on me but on God.  Whatever I do, do it for the Lord!

Jesus tells us in John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, then you will produce much fruit.  Without Me, you can't do anything."  That is so true!  I was a scattered, rambling, hot mess this morning when I woke. I'm still a hot mess but a beautifully calm, rested and at peace hot mess who has had TIME with her Papa God! I am feeling lovely.  Lovely defined is eliciting love by moral or ideal worth; delightful for beauty, harmony or grace.  My worth is in my God.  The One Who created me wonderfully in His Image.  I am beautiful because He said I am. He extends His grace upon me. I rest in my Papa God!  Let me show you how lovely I am feeling!






Were you expecting a makeover? Haha! Nope.  Not here.  Not today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe not.  I didn't want you all to think that "poof" everything on the outside changes after time with God.  It starts in the heart.  Then works its way outward.  It's our behavior, our attitude, our reaction.  How we handle things that come our way.  Don't worry.  I'm not always looking this way, but mostly I am.  

Just wanted to end with letting you know that our God is a good, good Father.  He loves us.  He cares for us and wants to spend time with us.  Each and every day.  Whatever that may look like for you do it.  It will be different for everyone.  I know Pinterest makes it challenging for me because I'm a visual learner and so I see all these fantastic photos of what it looks like for devotion time with God, prayer time with God, just plain ol' time with God...big comfy chairs with a hot beverage steaming next to a beautifully worn Bible sitting atop a rustic table with succulents in the background and ....or a huge blanket on a crisp sandy beach watch the waves roll in and hearing them roar as they crash and sitting there embracing the Bible and....or whatever else...fields of wildflowers...meadows...mountains...on and on and on...those are all great and yes, they are all times one can spend with God but I for one cannot do that every. single. day! 

What does time with God every day for me look like?  Well, if you don't mind me sharing a few things just to help get past the Pinterest hold, then let me be For Reals.  Time with God for Christy looks different every single day. As you have seen, there are days that I get so overwhelmed or preoccupied that I need reminding to go to Him.  I have what I call a Jesus Journal that I created that is filled with scriptures, words that God has impressed upon me, prayers, and little sayings that inspire me.  All of which is God's doing.  I try to read this every day.  


I also jot down scriptures on index cards that I've hole punched and put a clasp ring on so that I can grab those for a quick reference or to carry with me to read in challenging or stressful times. Let me tell you something, those who live locally may or may not have seen me flipping through these at Costco while shopping thinking I was seriously reviewing my shopping list!  Costco stresses me out people! These cards are a perfect carry and time with God and not look absolutely insane!  And honestly, we are being for reals, I do a lot... A LOT of talking with God in the potty room.  I'm just saying.  There is something Holy about the porcelain throne!  I have had some really amazing times with God in the PT (Porcelain Throne Room as I call it.)  Let me just clarify, you do not need to tinkle to use the PT Room.  There is a flat part of the seat that one can sit upon.  Pssst....please do not give out my secret to family members!! These are just a few things that work for me.  Find what works for you and enjoy time with our God. Rest in Him.



Take Care and Be Blessed


Christy Krezman
Rosette Ministry   




No comments:

Post a Comment