Rosette Ministry

Rosette Ministry
Christy Krezman

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 1

Christy Krezman
Welcome to Rosette Ministry. I am so excited to begin this journey that God has set before me. Although it hasn't been an easy one, but it sure has been turning into a beautiful one. What started out making fabric flowers for myself and my daughter because I was not going to spend money on something I knew I could make turned into something I could never dream up myself.  I serve a God that keeps me asking continually, "Really?" and He replies, "Oh, wait my precious girl, it's going to get ever more beautiful.  Just you wait." And let me tell you, it has! God will, and has, use the ordinary and turn it into EXTRAORDINARY!

Here's the birth story of the Rosette Ministry, in 2010 I began making these Rosette's in stockpiles.  I'd wear them everywhere because I had them in every color and pattern. I'd wear them in my hair, on my shirts, on my necklaces, attach them to my binders...they were everywhere I was.  I would always get compliments wherever I'd go. I soon began getting requests for them and I thought that I could have a little side business going here!  God had other plans.  I sold a few but immediately felt convicted as soon as my hand clutched the crisp dollar bills.  WHY? I didn't understand this feeling.  More and more requests were coming in for them and it cost me money to make them but I could not charge money! God placed it upon my heart to begin giving them away.  WHAT? Give. Freely with no strings attached and no trades or anything, even to people I don't know? HOW? I am a stay-at-home mom. I volunteer. God just kept tugging at my heart to give, and to do it with a cheerful heart.  Well, let me tell you, honestly that didn't happen for a while.  The freely giving didn't happen except at birthdays, Christmas, and other special events when the Rosettes got wrapped up pretty in a package to people we knew.  Wonder if that's what God meant?  Don't quite think so.

A year goes by and I'm up late one night making a mound of Rosettes.  Repetitive steps over and over for hours. In my aloneness I am actually quite and still. When I go to sleep that night God gives me a beautiful gift, a story.  Not just any story but one that is attached to the Rosettes and one that describes is strong, never-ending love for us. A story that He wants me to share...freely.

Oh, my goodness! Is that what He meant all along? Why I wasn't to charge for them? It didn't cost us anything, it cost Him everything, yet He FREELY receives us and gives us His love.  What? No strings attached?  Absolutely not!  He took 3 nails upon a cross for you and for me, there's no place for string. No gimmick, just a Heavenly Father that loves you so much that He died upon the Cross for you that you and I could have eternal life with Him. How amazing is that?!

Well, that is how this ministry was birthed into my life.  I am so grateful that God deemed me capable and worthy to grow me and use me to GO and spread His good news.  I feel so honored and blessed.  I have to admit that there are times that I wonder what He sees in me, but I am glad that I have Him to rely on because without Him I couldn't do nearly anything, if anything!!

What to look forward to on this blog...
"Repurposing for the Glory of God...using unwanted and discarded items and turning them back into beauty as Christ does for us."

I love to Thrift Store shop.  I love to spray paint items (over and over again to change decor). I love to craft.
I love to figure things out in a store and try to do it myself.  I love to decorate. I LOVE JESUS! I love to fellowship with women. I love to speak at events. I love devotions. I love coffee. I love to share my ideas, thoughts and encouragements. I love, love, love to do all of this at one place, making an event of it!!

So, this is what I'll be sharing.  I pray that this finds you and will be a blessing to you.
Please visit my Facebook page Rosette Ministry or contact me at RosetteMinistry@att.net.

God Bless,
Christy Krezman


No comments:

Post a Comment